Friday, August 20, 2010

Our life over the past couple weeks........

We're going on almost two weeks of off and on sickness at the Wilson household. It started on the 6th with Hays getting sent home from school with high fever. He just kept on saying "I don't like to be sick, this sure is lasting a LONG time (only lasted 24 hours) and Mommy I sure do love you when I'm sick. Then on Monday Hadlee got it, just fever nothing else. Harper was begging to get sick. I guess she hadn't been sick in a long time and must had forgotten what it felt like but Wednesday was her lucky day. She was better on Thursday but on Friday started running a low grade fever. I took her to the clinic on Saturday just to see if she was getting an infection. No strep but her ear was a little red. He gave me a script for some antibiotics but told me to wait and see. All weekend she had a low fever- 99-100 but never complained. On Tuesday I get a sick call while at work, Harper is running a 100.2 degree fever and is complaining about her head. I think infection, call in her prescription and go pick them up at school. I pick Harper up to carry her because she still laying on her nap map and we barely make it into the restroom. No infection....another virus!!! I don't think she will want to be sick for a long time....it was a miserable afternoon and evening. Don't know who will be next, probably Hadlee on Friday and Hays on Sunday. Just my guess but I was using the Lysol and hand sanitizer.

We managed to get through the entire summer when Daddy was off without sickness. It starts now that he's back at work. Thank goodness for Aunt Ro, what a trooper for spending all last week with us! I didn't have to take off at all last week. It was actually nice to get a break from all the sickness drama, didn't miss it at all.








We watched lots of TV last week. The kids begged me to make Dora cupcakes. Here is Mommies version of Dora cupcakes. They don't look anything like the TV ones but the kids were excited and I thought they were picture worthy.














Hadlee has been begging me to make her hair curly. I snapped this picture before school, she definitely got the curls and she loved it!




We were outside the other night and thought we were going to get rained out. No rain but the kids played well without much supervision. I was next door and this is what I found when I came home. Hadlee, Harper and Hays were having a "Water Stand". Daddy made them a note for the front door that read, "Fresh Water only $7.00 a cup". They got their cups out of the house, filled up the powerade dispenser and were ready for business. That was the best glass of water I've ever had for $7. My little entrepreneurs, they made more money than I ever did selling my quarter cups of lemonade.



This is our last weekend before school starts and we always do something with Hannah Camille. I feel sad that she doesn't get to come to Brenham but we're going to hang out at the beach. It should be a fun filled, action packed weekend....

No comments:

Blog Archive