Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day in Mexico so technically I'm not late with this post (unlike my last ones because just haven't been in the mood)

I just have to share my last Thursday.....it started like most....I was at work but it was my last day of work. (Wade and I discussed me leaving my job back, then one random day in March, I quit. I can't say I regretted it but then I was in a little funk wondering if made the right decision.). Wade called to tell me that he would pick up the kids @ 11:30.
A couple minutes later I was randomly checking our checking account balance and there was a charge at a local flower place. I text him and ask if he got me flowers....yes, thanks for ruining the surprise...oops. (Poor Wade, he wanted to surprise us on Valentine's Day by getting the kids and me flowers and by the time the were delivered, I was in the shower and the kids were in bed sleeping for the night).  Back to Thursday,  I get home for lunch to happy bunch of kids with Mother's day presents. All three are begging me to open them. Of course I do and the each wrote some of my favorites and gave me a cookbook.   It was so sweet and they were over the top with happiness.
 I had to go back and work my last 4 hours, and I get flowers delivered to me. Of course they were from my sweet husband, but the card he wrote made me finally realize that my decision to be at home with our children was the right one. To have his support makes my transition  an easy and enjoyable one.   I think this is my best Mother's Day yet!
Our Mom's are not having the best 2011 but as we watch them find strength, we know that's what it's all about.   We love you!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive