Monday, January 23, 2012

Life at 79 Months

It's amazing how fast time goes by. Back in August I suggested to Hays that we celebrate his birthday at school on his month birthday. Yesterday he reminded me that tomorrow was his birthday. A little late so we we will try 80 months in February.
This morning wasn't different than most school mornings. I get up, get going and make breakfast. I wake the kids up and sit down at the table and they eat breakfast. We talk about the day- sometimes I read them a book or get their backpacks ready for school. If I'm working I usually eat breakfast with them because I will soon be leaving for the day. Today I had a p.m. job so it was a little relaxed routine. The girls finish with their breakfast and start getting ready for the day. Hays finishes his breakfast and proceeds to pit his plate and cup in the sink. I praise him for his behavior and then we get on with our "motions". A typical morning includes mommy reminding them what needs to be done with their routine. I've watched myself since school has started back, that I'm constantly telling them "do this" or "you need to get this done"......
It's frustrating for me, for them. Another biggie is two weeks ago they lost all of their toys. Why??? Because of the same reason.....please put your toys up and they might put up a couple. Fast forward- two weeks and they are earning toys back and still doing the same thing, picking up a little and mommy doing the rest. What did they learn??? Obviously not much so their earned back toys are getting taken away AGAIN!
We've done chore charts, numerous times, even since we've been in Seguin. I always start one and for one reason or another it lasts for a couple of weeks. I take the kids to school and head to Walgreens to buy posterboard because they have cool colors. While I'm talking to a friend about life and we're comparing our "mornings", I'm at the toothpaste aisle and start telling her that I'm buying each kid their own tube of toothpaste. Why? Because Hays was twisting the tube of toothpaste and making a huge mess. I was so tired of toothpaste everywhere on the counter, in the drawer and in the sink. My mind was set on getting 5 tubes of toothpaste so we could each have our own. Then she tells me about the "Touch n Brush". Thanks to Amazon and Walgreens our solution to the toothpaste drama and nagging are solved and life will be easy once again!

Not the prettiest posters but they are working for us.




Picnic Pizza night.




Bird hunting with Aunt Ro. Aunt Ro took all the kids to Sun City for the weekend.




The "flying donut" is their favorite when they're in Georgetown.

No comments:

Blog Archive