Monday, April 2, 2012

Kindergarten 3rd Quarter Progress Reports

Mrs. Weaver makes us feel like the best parents. A couple of weeks ago she was named "Teacher of the Year" for the school. We think she's number #1 and feel so fortunate to have her this year. She's goes the extra mile with personal notes sent home about their day, calls about certain issues or an occasional text, sometimes with a picture.



Harper has mastered all the required sight words for Kindergarten. She has surpassed the Kindergarten expectations by leaps and bounds. Her reading has come a long way and she is doing an amazing job! It is going to be hard to say goodbye to this little treasure. My challenge for Harper would be to keep a journal this summer. Have her write about each day's activities or things she sees or is curious about. This continued practice will help so much as she enters 1st grade.




Hays has improved on his handwriting and has given me much more effort in his drawings as we journal write each day. I love to see all the amazing ideas he has come out in the form of a journal. He is a special little guy and I am so thankful he was put in my life this year. He has inspired me and challenged me to be a better teacher and to him I am grateful. I am going to miss all of his FUN daily facts about maps, states, and anything he is curious about. Just keep challenging him to be more and more responsible each and every day. He can do all things.......



Hadlee's reading has definitely taken off! I knew she could do it. It has been really amazing to watch her fluency grow in reading and to see her writing improve as well. She has an incredible gift to write so expressively in her journal. She really understands how to write creatively and think outside the box. I am going to miss Hadlee next year. Keep reading these last 8 weeks and make every second count.

Just to note we had a first of the year last quarter. The kids had 3 tardies that all happened the same week. Wade and I learned our lesson and we have yet to get another tardy.

No comments:

Blog Archive