Monday, August 26, 2013

Summer 2013- The End- Frio and "Lousy" Timing

I worked hard to play catch up with the end of summer because I knew we would have pictures from the first day of school.   This summer has been fun, a little trying at times because of a battle that we had with Hadlee.  It started with a name tag she wore for bible camp and turned into a huge ordeal, probably more for me than her.  She was rubbing her neck raw and scarring it at the same time for close to a month.   She kept saying that her neck "itched".   


This picture was the last one that I took that was just terrible.  We went to Victoria and she glowed with Dustin/Bulldowg and it cured her scratching.  I'll take some boy lovin' for this battle.  Well I guess the scratching paid off because yesterday when the kids got back from the Frio, Hadlee kept complaining that her head was itching.   I looked and thought it could be lice.  Yes, after further inspection- we have lice!  Errr.....it's our first time and it has freaked us all out.  We are not quite sure where they got them but it most likely was the photo booth at the wedding or from the movie theater.  I had to make "the call" to some parents that we had been in contact with not to mention all the kiddos from the Frio.

Tomorrow marks the first day of school for me and the kiddos.  I had "Meet the Teacher" last week and the kids had it tonight.  Aunt Ro came in town to help out so the kids got an opportunity to come see my classroom for the first time.  I also put them to work stuffing folders for the students to take home.   


Harper was a trouper, she worked so hard and was a huge help.  Check out my tree in the background, we will be talking about growing our tree from the roots and growing up.  I'm excited to meet all of my 6th graders tomorrow.  I'll be teaching two new classes so building and designing all the new curriculum is going to take all of my time in the fall.


Hadlee worked hard, too.  She thought she was going to play teacher all afternoon.  My classroom was Mrs. Ulbrich's room for many years.  She will still be at their school and another elementary school this school year but will no longer be working at my school.    My room is huge, it used to be the high school auditorium, way back when.

We had "Meet the Teacher" at their school tonight.  Hadlee will have Ms. Lawhorn as her homeroom teacher.  She's excited because Randilyn is in her class.

Hays and Harper will have Mrs. Muenich as their homeroom teacher.   They co-teach so it will be just like last year.

Harper wanted to take a picture in front of Mrs. Wells' new technology classroom.  She painted the ladybug. (with the H on it)  Notice her greasy hair, I informed the nurse that we are having a battle with the bugs.  She told the girls to be quiet......We will see how long that will last.  


The End

No comments:

Blog Archive