Sunday, July 13, 2014

VBS 2014

We had to get back to Seguin on Saturday because the kids had to help lead worship on Sunday morning.  The girls were asleep by the time we got over the bridge to Port Isabel on the way home.  
I gave them my phone and they took advantage of taking pictures and pinning on Pinterest.




Sunday morning came very early for all of us.  They did great in opening up worship for the congregation.  Everyone was napping by noon.

Before school was out the kids were complaining about having to go to VBS this summer.  After spending a week at Lutherhill, they were so ready for Monday morning.

Does that smile look like she doesn't want to be there?  They loved VBS!

I helped with the pre-k portion of VBS, which was almost 50 kids under 5.  I got to see the older kids during songs and lunch during the week.   

This picture explains our afternoons-  tired and thirsty kids and one happy DOG!

The kids skipped out of VBS on Friday because they went to Cuero for the weekend.  When I was in Cuero on Thursday, Daddy had a visit from a neighbor boy that will be in 6th grade next year.  He asked Wade if we could take him to VBS because his parents were working and he didn't have a ride on Friday.  He told Wade, "I really want to go!"   We had over 150 kids turn out for VBS during the week, I had 6 of my students that participated in the Junior Leadership during the week.  One of my former students that was always in the office or in A school, was a shining star during day camp.  When I watched him lead songs during sing along, help out my pre-k kids during lunch and come up to me to "share the peace" during worship- it really made my heart happy.   What an awesome week!

Nana had a full house for the weekend!


No comments:

Blog Archive