Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm Thankful for.... Mother's Day Out Edition

Last week the kids went to a MDO Friday Night Out. The cubs were playing a game in Houston and the weather was suppose to be terrible. (it didn't rain a drop at the game) I ended up babysitting Blair and Carson so Keisha could go to the game and not have to take her kids.

I had all 5 kids and felt a little guilty about dropping them off at 5:30 and not picking them up until 10:00. That guilt quickly diminished when I went into their playroom and it looked like a tornado had blown through after one hour of playing together.

Now to the important part of this post. They did arts and crafts while they were at MDO. One of the crafts was a cute plate with leaves and pumpkins that they got to color and someone wrote what they were thankful for.

I'm thankful for.....

Harper- my daddy, mommy
Hadlee- my cat, mommy, dad, brother, aunt, sister
Hays- my blankets, pillow, sisters, mommy, daddy

I would love to know if the mommy and daddy were prompted on any of their answers!! Hays and his blankets and pillow, too funny.

I picked up everyone that evening and they were wired with excitement. Hadlee has been wanting to have a sleepover and my excuse was she had to be in big girl underwear at night. Three weeks ago the "Princess Fairy" came to give her a new pair of shoes for being accident-free at night. (1 down 2 to go) BTW- Harper asked when the "Car Fairy" was coming to see Hays. I didn't understand what she was trying to say but she said you know like Hadlee. Hays could be our number 2, hopefully soon.....well anyway Hadlee got her wish and Blair and Carson spent the night with us! We were so happy to have them, our first of many sleepovers.

No comments:

Blog Archive