Monday, January 24, 2011

All about ME!

I had to share one of the school projects that each one of the kids has gotten assigned during this school year, the” All about ME Student of the week”. Hays was the first in his class during “A” week. The only problem was Mommy and Hays didn’t clean out his backpack over that weekend and we got a note from Mrs. Hoppens on Monday (bad mommy) so he was only the star student Tuesday through Friday. Harper, my non-procrastinator, was star student during “P” week. We started her project on Friday afternoon and had her pictures and drawings ready to go before Sunday.



This brings me to Hadlee Ray….she started cleaning out her backpack on Saturday evening. I’m not sure what happened that night or Sunday night when the kids were suppose to get their backpacks ready for Monday but she never looked in her binder. I was straightening up after they went to sleep and noticed that Hadlee did not go through her binder. Of course she has the "All about me” poster this week. I debated letting her do it on Monday morning or writing Mrs. Hoppens a note and we would have the project completed on Tuesday. I went ahead and gathered some pictures and had the poster on the kitchen table. I had a bed partner show up during the night so I went to Hays room to sleep on the Love Sac. Hadlee was already on the Love Sac so I let her know she was the student of the week and I would be waking her up early. She popped up and was so excited that she was going to get to do her poster, only problem, it was before 5a.m. we both tossed and turned until 5:30, then she said “mommy, can I go work on my poster?” We worked on the poster then the early bird, Hays came to lend Hadlee a supportive word. (he got a watch yesterday and is a little obsessed with it….he was super excited that he was up before 6 a.m.) We made it out of the house before 7:00 a.m. and Mommy even got to stop at Starbucks for coffee and Hadlee had a completed her poster!


Here's what the poster included:

A picture of me.

A picture of my family.

When I grow up I want to be __________.
Harper: a Mommy
Hays: a Doctor
Hadlee: a Nurse

No surprise that Harper wants to be a mommy. Hadlee asked me what did Harper and Hays want to be? After she had their answers, she said a nurse.

_________is my favorite place.
Harper: Victoria, TX
Hays and Hadlee: Home


My favorite things to do are______.
Harper: go fishing, go to football games, and play soccer
Hays: play with my stuffed animals, play soccer and look at my atlas.
Hadlee: go out to eat and go to the park.

Can you tell who is upset that we don’t get to go to eat?

If I could have one wish I would wish for _______.
Harper: a baby in my mommy’s tummy
Hays: a new Kidz Bop CD
Hadlee: a new puppy

Yes, Harper still thinks that she won’t be the youngest child in our family. She has included this in her prayers and even started rumors last year......

I was just up at the school and Hadlee's poster is displayed at the entrance to their room. The reason I was up at school, Hadlee forgot her blanket for naptime.... (and to get lots of love from Hadlee, Harper and Hays!)

No comments:

Blog Archive