Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Amazing Race.....

No pictures, hopefully I'll download some pictures this weekend. Just thought of some random things this afternoon.

Hadlee, Harper and Hays love the Amazing Race(no American Idol this year). We watched it last season and true to Hays, he reminded me every week about the new season that started on February 20th. After we got back from our trip to Houston, Hays was watching one of the recorded episodes instead of “kid” TV after he woke up in the morning. He was excited because the night before he got to see one of the “cowboys”, Jett, at the rodeo. All the kids know all of the racers names and have started playing “Amazing Race” during play time. It’s funny because all three haven’t grasped that the show is recorded and each episode is played on Sunday night.

Hays really wants to be on the Amazing Race. While I was tucking him in the other night we had our reoccurring conversation that when he is 18 years old, we can try out as a mother/son team. I then spoiled his dreams of racing around the world when I told him that he had to eat the food from the other countries. After pondering this small part of the Amazing Race, Hays said that he was fine with watching Mommy and Daddy every week. He said we can just stay with Mema and Aunt Ro.


On Friday Mema asked me when we were going on Amazing Race this summer. One of the kids said that she needed to get better so she could take of them when their Mommy and Daddy were out of town. I laughed and told her the real story and of course she just laughed at those crazy kids. On Monday Mema got some bad news about her knee. Friday she has to go back in the hospital for surgery on it. We’ll be there cheering her on so she can get on with her “Amazing Race”.


We’re swamped with tball practice and soon to be games. I don’t know how single parents do it, I’m having trouble with a little help and I can’t imagine if it were just me. We got our schedules and we’ve got huge problems with games at the same times and two different field locations. I haven’t wrapped my thinking head around it but to have one kid playing in Burton, two playing in Brenham and Daddy has an out of town game……. We also need a sporting goods outing because the list is endless of things we need for them. I was a little frustrated last night with all three of mine having more fun that actually concentrating and trying to learn something during practice. I never thought of myself as a competitive person but when your kids are the worst players on their teams, Wow I felt a little defeated. Daddy gave me a little pep talk and all is better in my parent world of tball. I think I forgot to mention that I’m also helping coach the girls’ team.


We get lots of hand me downs from Hannah. We’ve come to the end of our dresses because I’m pretty sure that at the age of 5/6, she refused to wear a dress. When I was looking through the boxes in Victoria a couple of months ago, I found what I thought was a dress, matching shoes and jacket. They looked really cute on Hadlee so she wore it to school one day. I had picked them up at 11:30 drive-through and the first thing out of Hadlee’s mouth was Mrs. Hoppens told me I was wearing pajamas. I told her they look like pajamas but that it’s a dress, just soft and glittery. On Sunday we met Cynthia, Hannah and Brenda to exchange stuff left over from our week and the first thing out of Aunt Cynthia’s mouth was “Hadlee, what are you doing in your pajamas?” Oops…..


During our last Target a couple of weeks ago I bought a big box of Pull-ups. I’ve been buying diapers/pull-ups for a long time with no problem. This time the extra $20 just seemed like an extra expense that I’m ready to give up. Harper is still working on night time potty training. The other two are pretty much accident free at night. Hadlee has never had a problem and it took a while for Hays to stop having accidents during the night but he is down to one or two month. We’ve tried numerous times with Harper; she’ll go one day, two at the max with no night time accidents. We went back to pull-ups after she had three accidents in one night. Poor thing, she didn’t even wake up for the first one. I felt like we were back to potty training with the washing machine running all the time.

Another Harper…since the beginning of the year she’s constantly been telling me her tummy hurt at random times. It can get very frustrating because I don’t know if it’s hurting really or if she has a nervous stomach or what??? Her daddy said that I needed to look into her complaint, what is the doctor going to do, I really thought it was just some kind of nervousness. We had a long talk on Saturday and come to find out she is terrified on witches and a stranger coming in our house while she’s sleeping. (maybe this has a little with her not getting up in the middle of the night) At bedtime I started to tell her that all the doors were locked and she is safe and guess what, she hasn’t complained about her stomach hurting the entire week. I’m not sure if it is a coincidence.

The last time we were in Victoria, the girls and I went to the "fancy fabric" store as Hadlee calls it. Hadlee picked out fabric so Aunt Ro could make her a blanket for her bed. Harper had a new blanket on her bed and of course Hadlee thought she needed one too. After Aunt Ro made the blanket and it went on her bed, one of the conditions was she needed to stay in her own bed all night long. Well the blanket worked for a couple days and she's back to her old habits. Hadlee's roaming is still going on, every night. Most mornings she ends up in our bed but sometimes I find her in Harper's bed, on the floor, on the couch or the love sac. Very rarely is she in her own bed in the morning, maybe twice a month...

No comments:

Blog Archive