Friday, April 1, 2011

Little Things....

I still haven’t downloaded pictures from SB, I took lots of pictures because Hays wants to do a montage. We don’t have much planned this weekend so maybe we can get them sorted and put together.

It’s been kind of busy but I guess this is a glimpse of our “normal” life with kids doing activities during the week. We didn’t have anything planned on Monday and the kids had the best time doing what they’ve always done but don’t get to do a lot of anymore……playing outside doing their normal play. By the time we got inside it was a hurried dinner, bath and then get in bed.

Tuesday we had our first t-ball games…the kids had a blast! Nana, Aunt Sue and Emily were doing their twice a year Round Top shopping and were able to help me out with the kid shuffle and I was so grateful. It was the first time for them to get to see the kids play sports and the kids were excited that they had fans cheering them on. I was exhausted from the routine and we only managed to leave one glove at home and didn’t come home with a baseball cap. Daddy helped out on Thursday and everything went a little smoother. Mrs. Hoppens has been to both the girls and Hays’ games. We’ll see how our first concurrent game goes next Tuesday. The girls play in Burton, Hays is at Fink Field and Daddy plays in Houston. Aunt Ro to the rescue, I’m sure.

There are 3 boys from Hays’ class that play together on the “Bees”. Hadlee told me that Aidan, one of their classmates, was her boyfriend. I didn’t go into it with her and kind of forgot about it. When we got to Hays’ practice last week, Hadlee gets excited when Aidan gets to the field. I start talking to Aidan’s mom and tell her that Hadlee thinks that Aidan is her boyfriend. Their coach laughs and said that Hadlee went up to her during the first practice and said that her boyfriend plays for her...they fell in love when their hands touched during chapel. By this time Hadlee is listening to the conversation and says that Aidan does really want to be boyfriend/girlfriend……I think I finished the conversation with Hadlee Ray you are 5 years old and don’t need to mess with boys. Where does she get this stuff??

Last Friday we were in Victoria to be with Mema when she had her knee surgery. She did great this time and was out of the hospital on Monday. She’s a little bored from having to be in her leg brace for another 6 weeks but she's going to make it. During the surgery that took over two hours we stayed in the waiting area with Papa. The kids did great and even got a “your children are so well behaved” from a stranger. It was total bribery- if they did good, I promised a trip to Chuck-E-Cheese. Friday night I lived up to my promise and took all four kids. (Hannah) We spent almost 200 tokens, (I have 5 or 6 extras floating around the car) we have lots to show for it- more pics, cards and some cool prizes. Hannah and Harper won lots of tickets on some machine. I laughed because it’s like the youth version of gambling. Mema will have to take Hannah to Vegas in 11 years!

The kids haven’t had to move their sticks at school in a long time or I guess I should say that Hays hasn’t gotten in trouble at school. The girls are yet to move their sticks; they’ve just had threats from Mrs. Hoppens and Ms. Kristen. Harper asked me this week if Mrs. Hoppens had sent home a note. I told her “no” and she said that she would tell me what happened as long as she didn’t get in trouble from me. I agreed to not say anything so Harper told me about a “story” she told Mrs. Hoppens. (Harper’s truth telling is starting to get questioned.) Mrs. Hoppens told her if she tattled or didn’t tell the truth that she was going to have to move her stick. Yeah, Mrs. Hoppens for helping me out. Hays was so proud when he came home from school last week and said I got in trouble during computer lab for using facebook but I didn’t have to move my stick, I just had to get off of the computer. What?

Daddy and Harper want a dog. Mommy doesn’t want a dog or not a “big” dog. I think Daddy wants a bloodhound or bulldog… I’ve been sent lots of pictures of these adorable puppies. Not quite sure if I’ll win this battle or if we’ll be proud owners of an animal. We have no yard or time for a dog! Oh well- I guess we’ll see what the summer has in store for the Wilson household.


That’s all for now….until I’m bored again.

No comments:

Blog Archive