Sunday, January 13, 2013

Christmas 2012

 Our Christmas story and the reason for the lack of pictures this year.  I started getting sick on Saturday before Christmas and Sunday after church I went to the walk-in clinic because I just knew I had the flu.  They didn't have any flu test at the clinic but the dr said that it was possible that I had it.  Later that evening Melissa called me in a prescription for Tamiflu.  The next day, Christmas Eve, I felt worse and it was tough getting out of bed.  Hadlee took a 3 hour nap and wasn't waking up to go to church.   For the first time in our lives, Hadlee and I missed the Christmas Eve service.   She was running a fever but nothing that a little medicine couldn't take care of.  After church we went to Cynthia and Kelly's house, where I lasted for maybe an hour before I had to go back to bed.   Everyone laughed and sang with the new karaoke machine then Hadlee came back to Mema and Papa's house and Daddy, Harper and Hays went back to Aunt Melissa and Uncle Doug's house.   The next morning Santa came to three excited kids.  The kids enjoyed their morning opening their stockings, opening up presents from their Victoria Santa and going to see what Cuero Santa had for them.   Hadlee came back to Mema and Papa's house and started on her Tamiflu.  Harper and Hays stayed with Nana and Papa and started on preventative Tamiflu the next day.
Two days after Christmas Hadlee and I were still super sick so Mema and Papa took us to the ER.  Poor Hadlee got sick in triage at the hospital.  The two of us were pretty pitiful but got the diagnosis of the flu and to stop taking Tamiflu.  The next day we were still sick but nothing like the previous 3 days.   Daddy, Harper and Hays went back to Seguin to hang out and Hadlee and I joined them on Saturday after getting helped out Mema and Papa for the week.  Thankfully a flu shot and preventative Tamiflu kept Daddy, Hays and Harper from getting sick.



Christmas Eve service at church


Haidyn doing what he does best right now.


Present time is always fun!
 

 Ready for baseball!


Karoake was the hit of Christmas Eve at Uncle Kelly and Aunt Cy's house.


Hays got a Texas Rangers cup from his Victoria Santa.

Hadlee excited to see what her Victoria Santa brought her.

Poor sick, Hadlee   

 Haidyn was worn out after opening presents from Santa.

No comments:

Blog Archive