Friday, August 28, 2009

First Day of School

Yesterday was the kids first day of school. They're in the 3 year old class or "Bouncing Bears" at St. Pauls. We got to meet their teacher, Mrs. Cone, last Friday before we went to Victoria for the weekend. Mrs. Cone's husband and Aunt Ro are cousins...small world or small Brenham/Hempstead world.

It was an early morning, way out of our normal summer schedule of sleeping until 9:00. (or later) Hadlee was ready to go early, she came into our bed around 5:00 and as soon as I got out of bed, she was up putting on her clothes. Hays was up as soon as I told him that his hot milk was ready and waiting. Harper, well I had to drag her out of bed at 7:15 after two snoozes.

We were in the car and buckled by 7:45 and I forgot to take pictures of them so I snapped a couple after they were already in the car. We've moved carseat arrangements since Hadlee and Hays are no longer in carseats. I'm not sure I like it this way but change is always hard for me.













They were slow to talk about their day but after their nap the stories started to flow. They liked their first day and no one cried this morning when I dropped them off. Harper was a little anxious but Mrs. Candy grabbed her hand and said "good morning and let's go PLAY!"
My to do list is long and school is only two days a week. Yesterday I helped Wade out by mowing the yard. Painting will resume next week when the kids are in Sun City and then school, I've got our bedroom and bath left to do. Then it's lunch with friends and mid morning massages, mani & pedis. (surely you won't read this Wade)

1 comment:

The Maurer's said...

I saw your crew sitting on the steps as I dropped off my crew at St. Paul's this morning. It always seems that we hold up the carline since there are three getting out of the car! Glad to see they are enjoying it.

Jamie Maurer

Blog Archive