Monday, February 8, 2010

Hays and his CRACKS!

We made an impromptu visit to Victoria on Saturday. The kids wanted to go to their Victoria church, thanks to their Aunt Cynthia for doing some neat things with them this year in Sunday School. I thought about getting an appointment with Cooper, Cannon and Hannah's pediatrician for Hays and his feet. We've been battling the cracks on his feet for two years and in the last year he has gotten eczema, which I seem to have gotten control of but the feet are still a big problem. Mema suggested that we try and get an appointment with the dermatologist and during church Hays had an 1:30 appt. on Monday.

Hays and I went to Dr. Aimone while Mema and the girls worked at church Monday afternoon. I planned on asking about these things that have popped up on Hays' chest last month during our visit but had no idea that they would become the focus of the visit. Hays' feet were examined then the focus of the appointment went to the bumps on his chest. They were a virus, Molluscum Contagiosum and are highly contagious especially in children. Poor Hays, had to get them cut off! He had one on his back, eight on his stomach and one on his leg. The tears started rolling and then the screams of PLEASE! NO MORE! MOMMY!... poor baby. He looked at me one time and said you said that I wasn't going to get any shots and this hurts worse. He settled fast and was back to his normal self with some pink gum and candy. There was an older man in the waiting area that told Hays that everyone waiting didn't want to have what Hays had done, then Hays told the man, it didn't hurt he was just pretending. Oh Hays, after reading up on MC, I sure hope this goes away soon.
Thank goodness it hasn't spread to the girls, I guess bathing them separately for the last six months has paid off for us with this new adventure. I can't decide if this or all the staph we dealt with Hadlee is worse.

He did give me some new help with the cracks. We were using way too much steroid cream on his feet. Hopefully we'll get the cracks healed with a new prescription and then just have to keep them dry and moisturized. He suggested changing his socks during the day. I have a hard enough time with handling socks X 3 a day, I can only imagine what socks X 5 is going to be like. I guess I'll just have to get a lounge chair for our laundry room or just buy new socks every couple of weeks.....or just have Hannah keep on being picky with her socks. Thanks to her we keep on getting new socks when we're in Victoria.













No comments:

Blog Archive