Thursday, August 30, 2012

Our last week of summer

We headed out Monday morning to go the jump place in San Antonio.   The night before we decided that Subway would be our lunch.   It wasn't hard to find one close to our destination but the kids did let me know all the ones along the way.  I believe we counted more than 10 of them.  Nothing says lunch like a  little before 11 a.m. (getting ready for early lunches at school)


I positioned myself in a central location when we got there so the kids would know where I was at all times.   I heard the roller coaster starting to go and looked back to see all the kids.   It was an extra $1 to ride the kid coaster so their new friends used their tickets on the three of them.   I thanked the mom and she commented that this was the best time her kids had every had at the jump zone.  



I had the girls take my phone to take pictures of them jumping at Jump Zone.  They took 4 videos which were cute but included their "new friends" in them.   They had BLAST at Jump Zone, definitely on our list of do agains.  Thanks, Emily, Joe and Aunt Sue



After 5 hours of jumping I was tired and my cell battery was at 5%.   Nothing like bribing the kids with more playing at Chick-fil-A and ice cream.



We managed to get back to school haircuts X 3.



I snapped these pictures when the three were having a "meeting".  


It cracked me up that they were discussing what was going to happen at school next week.   They were doing lesson plans for their "home school" after school.



We headed to Victoria to get a little pampering and head to the beach.  Mema treated the kids to massages for a back-to-school treat.   I don't have pictures but all three were pretty funny about their grown-up treat.   I did snap a picture of Hadlee at her second visit to the doctor in one week.   She played up her rusty nail puncture in her foot the entire time we were in Victoria.  On Saturday when we got home from the beach, Mema was concerned that she might have "flesh eating bacteria".   She was just tired and enjoying the attention.






The kids now expect that we make a trip to the beach before school starts.   We loved our time at the beach, we just don't have all the pictures to show it.


Even Hadlee enjoyed the waves on this trip.   At one point our talk turned to Tropical Storm Issac and shark week,  that was the first time Hays has ever wanted to get out of the water.   Aunt C and I thought that maybe he thought Issac was coming to get him.



Sunday was Rally Day at church.   Hannah was involved in the youth church service with speaking parts and singing in the choir.    The girls went up to the front to perform songs from VBS.   Hays told Aunt C that he had stage fright and didn't go up, it sure didn't stop him from rocking out in the pew.   We went out to eat after church and I got this one picture.


Mommy and Daddy have been prepping Hays for the last couple of weeks that his morning game playing might be cut short once school starts.   Wade had to leave for work at 5:30 on Monday morning and Hays was already playing his game.  


Most kids started school on Monday.  We got an extra day and didn't start until Tuesday.  We used Monday to wake up at our school time and go to sleep at a normal hour.   It worked well because we were out of the house by 8:45, so we only needed to improve 1 hour.    We went to the library so we could return our books that were due.   I debated whether to check out more but Harper wanted to use her new card (check out her card attached to her lanyard)  Then we needed to get jelly at HEB.   After shopping for almost an hour at HEB, Hadlee commented that I looked like I needed a nap......

No comments:

Blog Archive